Saturday 4 July 2020

Ladies...tell me about your Weddings?

Valentine Willinger: We planned everything & then scrapped it & got married on the beach in Hawaii instead. It was July. Our officiant had a super cool headdress, we had a hula dancer, I wore a Jessica McClintock dress, my husband was in khaki pants & a button down shirt, we had flower leis to exchange & my bouquet was oriental lilies & green orchids. Loved it.

Darwin Ecton: I got married to my husband in August. We had an outside ceremony in front of the local firehouse, and the reception was held inside the firehouse. Our colors were blue and pink, my flowers were all fake (that way we were able to preserve them FOREVER!). We had a buffet inside with a cake made by my husband's sister, with a wilton cake topper (the always and forever one). My dress was a one of a kind because my mother in law sewed it for me. It was a beautiful white silk dress that was fitted at the top and flowed down, and it had a halter type top on it that fastened above the neck. I ! wore my grandmother's pearls, baby blue earrings, a brand new white and pink garter belt (underneath my dress of course). My husband and I wrote our own vows, and I had my bridesmaids pick their own dresses. We had a buffet set up for food---shrimp with cocktail sauce, fruit salad inside of a watermelon bowl, cheese and crackers, sparkling wine (pink) and our ringbearer brought up some ringpops on a pillow (the real rings were in his pocket). It made for some good laughs! All in all it took me two weeks and two thousand dollars to do, but it was so low key, and so us that even if I had the opportunity to redo anything about it, I would do everything the same way! Good Luck with your wedding and I hope this helped you out at least a little bit. :)...Show more

Olin Hallin: well.. we're not married yet! but we're getting married in June and our colors are Lime green, Orange, and Fuschia, its gonna be an outdoor wedding/reception!

Buster Buchko: Planned my wed! ding in less than 2 weeks! Got married on the beach on Good F! riday! My dress was just a $70 Easter dress from Gap, and the bridesmaids wore the same dress in chocolate brown!!! I hired a company to set up and clean up the beach. They did the music, the ceremony, the decorations, the pictures, everything! I used white calalilies (?) with purple orchids and tide them together with brown and lime green see through ribbon! I had 3 bridesmaids and it was pretty much just family. After the wedding we had the reception in the condo! My husbands uncle and brother played the guitar and we just sang and had a good time with out closest friends and family. Every one there said it was the best wedding they had been to! It sounds so Blah but it was so much more special than a big to do! We did it at sunset so it was beautiful! I wouldn't have changed one thing! I highly recommendSugar Beach Weddings.com for anyone getting married in AL or FL!...Show more

Adrian Paraz: LOL... my wedding was about three hours after he asked me t! o marry him and I had only known him for three weeks so we didn't have colors or anything like that but we have a story to tell the kids when we get older.

Jorge Detlefs: Let's see, I'm not married yet (March 14th!!!!) But I think I can still answer those questions =)My colors are lavender, white, silver, and black. My dress is similar to this:http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv...my shoes: (white)http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv...my necklace:http://www.swarovski.com/Web_US/en/1808171/product...I'm wearing stud swarovski earrings since the necklace is a choker, and no bracelet.my bridesmaid dresses: (I'm having 3, in lilac of course)http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv...They're wearing silver shoes, each one has a different pair, but they're all high heel and strappy.My groom's tux is similar to this:http://www.menswearhouse.com/tuxedos/detail.jsp?FO...With all three groomsmen in the same one, but in lilac that matches ! the bridesmaids when it comes to their tie and vest.Usher tux (but with! a long tie, not bow tie):http://www.menswearhouse.com/tuxedos/detail.jsp?FO...MY mom is wearing a creme colored dress with black accents, my fiance's dad is wearing a regular 2 button tux, black vest, black long ite, his stepmom is wearing a dark purple dress, and his biological mom is wearing a pink dress.My bouquet is a dozen white roses with sprigs of lilac mixed in, and each bridesmaid has one white long stem rose.The groom's boutinerre is a white rose, the groomsmen have lilac roses, as do the ushers, his dad, and the moms(well, they have lilac rose corsages!)The ringbearer and flower girl are both nine, and the ringbearer has the same tux as the groom only in his size, and the flowergirl is in white like the bride.We're getting married in March, like I already mentioned I think, lol.Our wedding is in his home church and they have a reception hall there that's awesome! So that worked out good.We're only having a cake reception. Here's the cake:http://weddings.theknot.! com/ODB/themes/realwedding...But we're making it 3 tiers, white instead of beige, black instead of dark brown, lilac instead of baby blue, and getting rid of the butterflies.Our caketopper is the traditional man and woman holding hands.Our tablecloths alternate lilac and white. The decorations are like this: in the middle of each table is a vase about 6 inches high and has lilac and clear colored pebbles in the bottom. It also has water in it, and a floating lilac rose candle. The pebbles are spread around the base of the vase. I also have a votive candle holder on each end of the table, filled with personalized M&Ms that are lilac and white and one says" Alyssa & Sean" and the other says "March 14 2009" and the M&Ms spread around the bottom of those.The head table has none of this. It has two taper candle holders and candles at each end, and a taller, skinnier vase in the middle for the bridesmaids to put their roses in and me to put my bouquet in.The cups, plates, and for! ks are elegant clear plastic, and the napkins are white.I didn't try to! match the punch with the color scheme, and instead just picked the punch I thought tasted amazing, even though it's orange.I'm getting my hair put up in a curly pony tail, with tendrils to frame my face. The hairdresser also sprayed hair spray on the pony tail and immediatly sprinkled silver glitter on my hair, and it ended up looking like I had rhinestones in my hair! It's so pretty.I also have a basic viel with a satin trim, but the comb has rhinestones and pearls on it, since both are on mythe detail of my dress.All my bridesmaids are wearing their hair straight, and I'm doing their makeup. I got white and purple eyeshadow, brown eyeliner, purple gel blush, and purple gloss. They can do their own foundation and mascara, lol.We're not doing a bouquet tossing, or a garter tossing, or having a formal reception, or having favors, etc.I'm also walking myself down the aisle, which everyone thinks is going to make me have a heart attack since I'm a very shy person who hates to! be in the spot light (one of the reasons I refused to having dancing).Anway, I think that's it, lol. =)Tell me what you think!...Show more

No comments:

Post a Comment