Saturday 8 August 2020

How come the youth in the US care more about Paris Hilton than an amnesiac Attorney General?

Cornelius Thornborrow: Because he isnt on the "Top 100 Hottest Celebrities" list on the E! network :)also - He never hosted TRL. Does he even exist?!!?:-P

Dorine Nurre: More than 90% of the country's youth did not learn of the Attorney General's serious memory problem because they don't pay attention to the news that matters and they don't read newspapers. Another 4% forgot the story the next day because they don't care. Any other questions?

Rose Krouse: I guess the media also sells Paris Hilton as more interesting to the public or youth than matters of government and such. I guess if the Attorney General started dressing up and being like a celebrity (I wasn't sure if she's female as I think your talking about the USA goverment and I'm outside of it, but then I read the small note in your question. Guys can't do the "dress up" gig), maybe at least the females would be interested in how looks and the clothes she wears.But youth look at Paris Hilton because s! he's pretty, gets to dress up, party, is rich and is young. I think it's fair to call that a fun and easy life, if fame isn't factored into that. Most of us won't really get to enjoy being the first 5 of those forever, but probably a part of us wants to be that way if we could, but we don't so we just settle.I guess with celebrities/Paris Hilton verseus government matters that affect us, we (although not just the youth, but all people) would rather take the shallow and lazy route because it's more fun. Caring about the government requires work, and it seems with low voter turnout, people don't care to do that job....Show more

Bethany Blocker: When did Paris Hilton become Attorney General? I would have thought the fact that she's an ex-con! would prevent her from getting that job. Is it because of her hoor-next-door looks? Or the fact that she has more talent in one nosehair than I do in my morning cr@p?

Patricia Bolduc: cuz shes an alien that has the power to co! nsume anything that has to do with intellect.

Palmira Lo! chridge: I believe it's because youth today believe the only career worth having is in the entertainment industry, so almost all of the youth 'Idols' are in the same industry

Granville Stray: I think 'YOUTH' might have something to do with that. But their money spent on Xboxes and iPods feed corporate giants that deliver quality news to me. Kind of.

Kate Baune: They obviously aren't overly concerned with a megalomaniacal President, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment