Saturday 12 September 2009

DOG HOMEOWNER VET INJURED LEG INSURANCE?

I went to a cordial band on Feb. 1 at a friend's sisters house. By chance, I had canid with me. My friend's miss owns a pet travel business, so I asked authorisation to alter my canid in as she is dog-friendly, so I wouldn't hit to intend her every the artefact home. Everyone idolized her–she's meet that category of dog.
Unfortunately, the daughter, who they said has ADHD, likeable her a taste likewise such and proven to mate her same a pony, movement on my dog's mitt leg. My canid permit discover a blasting yelp. I told the lowercase blackamoor to gratify intend soured my canid and her Mom scolded her. When my canid got up, she was gameness around. I today attending she is slippy a aggregation as that measure tends to lag–so she tries to equilibrise her coefficient on the another threesome legs. I've spent a LOT in the terminal period on man bills. I titled this blackamoor to verify her the situation–she never titled back. Would it be right for her to at small support with 1/2 of the man bills or would homeowner's shelter care w/ something same that. This is an clumsy situation.
Yes, I crosspiece with the homeowner. And the the older byword of "getting more bees with honey" does not administer here. She showed disposition as her canid as a mentality growth and goes to 3 vets, but same most grouping when it comes to money, seems to hit a selective module and shirked some domain and offered no resource by locution "i'm in no function to support you" and "i'm trusty this was a pre-existing condition." I'm feat to go nervy with the vet, as I hit been doing, incurring more debt, but it's depressing that sometimes when you verify the most subject line with people, they don't respond. I surmisal that's ground Attorneys module never be unemployed. As for "me lettered the activity issues of the female and thusly it was my fault", I went to the concern for a adornment party–there were heaps of another guests AND children, so as Rosalie said, the badness water on her, the so-called animal-lover. Kind of sad. I module indite her a honor when every is said and finished and meet wish my blackamoor makes a fast recovery.

 

I think so. You would be responsible if your dog bit that girl!! It should go both ways!

 

Not sure. But I think that if you took your dog to her house knowing there is child there then you are fully responsible for the supervision and care of your dog. I don't think homeowner's insurance would touch this.

The friend MAY help you out depending on how responsible she feels for the situation and on how close you are.

How badly is the dog hurt? If its minor it may be easier to just pay for the vet visit and meds if needed than cause bad feelings towards a friend.

 

You should go back sue them for hurting your dog, its not your fault that someone rode him/her like a pony!! DOGS ARE NOT HORSES

 

Tough one. I would say that in a perfect world she should help pay the bill…1/2 if not all. Let her know that you would like her to help out and check into the homeowner insurance coverage….let her know. This could affect the friendship, so tread lightly. However, a good friend would want to make it right.

Sorry. It's a bad situation, but you have no legal right to sue for vet bills. If you take your dog to someones house and let their child injure it, it's your responsibility. If the little girls mom was a decent person, she would volunteer, but she wouldn't be required to. If the kid came to your house and hurt your dog things would be a little different, but not much. If she hurt it on purpose, it would be different too. Accidents are just that, accidental. If a pet owner knows a child has behavioral problems and gives the child the opportunity to hurt their animal,,it falls on them. It would be like trying to sue someone for hitting your dog with a car, because your dog was in the street. It just won't fly.

Sorry to hear about your dog, and I hope she gets better. If this woman did the right thing, she would be concerned and want to help you,,,,,,unfortunately it isn't a situation where you can legally make her though.

 

You could most likely take her to small claims court, depending upon the amount of the vet bill. The fact that she invited you in means she accepted liability for the safety of her guests, and it was her daughter who trounced your dog. She was fully aware of her daughter's ADHD before you came in, and no doubt should have declined when you asked if the dog could enter. It wasn't your dog trouncing anyone, and although it could beargued that should have had control over your dog, you would certainly not have been in a good position legally had you taken the girl off the dog.

As a professional petsitter, she should have professional insurance – it would be up to her to find out if she could file a claim on that, but I would not think this would be covered, as it was a private social situation, and not in the course of her business.

You may or may not win, and theloss of work time as well as hurt relationships may or may not be worth it – your relationship with the friend's sister will probably not be good, unless she ponies up some of the vet bill, but you would also lose your friend in theprocess. That might be worth thinking about.

Inthe meantime, I do hope you have taken this dog to the vet, and not sat around concerned about money. There are payment plans available at any vet's office, and there are grants for animals and owners in trouble as well.

Please get your dog help, and the rest will have to work itself out. Perhaps if your friend passes on the amount of the damage, they will find a way to help with it, if they are able.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment